Biz Dev/Project Manager
About the Role
We need a early stage business development/product manager to be the advocate for all of our current pilot projects and potential customers, representing their specific requirements when we run pilots, refine the product and plan out of product roadmap and deployment balancing technical requirements with sales opportunities. You will also develop our early sales strategy and pricing model.
DEFINE: You will be involved in all of our customer discovery and interview activities, synthesizing a diverse set of needs and requirements into a cohesive set of design requirements that can satisfy the majority of potential use cases. You will help define the product roadmap both for short-term and long-term technical and sales goals. You will help design and oversee pilot experiments that will be used to refine and understand requirements, unknowns, system performance, and future pilot experimental designs.
EXECUTE: You will be involved in the software/hardware SCRUM meetings as the customer advocate, ensuring the development activities are prioritized for maximum efficiency. You will work with marketing personnel to determine proper messaging, assist in operational deployments to understand customer perceptions, assist with planning sales efforts/trade shows to help guide expansion into the most receptive verticals, and other activities supporting efficient development and deployment of our product. You will investigate the competitive landscape to understand product strategy, pricing, sales cycles, and develop pricing strategies and models.
MEASURE: You will perform basic analysis on product performance and user reception/acceptance in both pilots and operational deployments in order to provide an objective framework to guide product development and sales/marketing efforts. You will analyze marketing/sales efforts to determine the best allocation of resources.
LEAD: Initially, you will be involved in all aspects of company operation including development, sales, marketing, and operations. As the role evolves you will be the primary advocate for the customer and oversee our initial sales efforts and early sales hires. You will provide the early sales strategic plan, both inside the live event industry, as well as expansion into other verticals. You may oversee sales or product teams or both.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience on highly technical teams with some exposure to mobile, or similar sales experience in an early stage startup, preferably with a hardware element
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with distributed and cross-functional teams
- Experience with new product development, early sales development and strategic product roadmaps
- Flexibility and diverse skill set to assist with other aspects of startup operations
- Experience bridging the gap between customers and developers, translation requirements and technical issues between diverse parties
- Experience in Software as a Service, or business enterprise sales and interaction
- Bonus if experience in privacy, data protection, information security, or cloud computing
- Bonus if experience in the live music / live event industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested please send us your resume and cover letter using the below link.